Posts

Thursday 10 July 2014

Baby, it's cold out there...


We have had a cold week this week. Now those of you who know my neck of the woods will be laughing when you hear me say that, because Durban never really gets cold and you would be right! However we need to put things in perspective. If a normal winters day in Durban is about 23 degrees Celsius and nights only get to about 18 degrees then it stands to reason that there is no need for winter sheets, electric blankets etc. That means that when the night temp goes down to 8 degrees and days are about 14 degrees, we are totally unprepared.
That is what has happened this week. I have had on so many layers, I only own three jerseys for heaven’s sake, that I feel like the Oros man. I've even hauled out the old hot water bottle. Here is the semi tropics we certainly don’t expect winter to get cold…. 


Today I want to share a card that I made for a challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.
Each week they choose a new Queen. We are encouraged to peruse her gallery and use the cards in there as inspiration for a card of our own. To honour the queen we post those cards for her to see.
This week Marion is queen.

Here is my card to honour her.


I was very excited when I saw this card of hers as I have a stitched pattern for the exact same image. I decided to give it a go.

Supplies:
Pattern: Bergkaarten
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug Swiss dots
Thread: navy blue
Blue Card stock

No comments:

Post a Comment