Posts

Monday 17 November 2014

A leaf wreath

Well the concert is finished and it all went extremely well and now I'm on to the next job which is report writing. School closes for the year in just over three weeks. I have managed to do about half of them so far. No prizes for guessing how I spent my weekend?!!!

Today's card is probably one of my favourite from this year. I have had the pattern for a while now but this is the first time I have actually stitched it. At the beginning of the year I set myself a target to make up as many designs as I could which I haven't stitched before. When complete, some of them remind me immediately of why I haven't stitched them before but this one was different. 
I like the delicate nature of the leaves and the colour combination works well for me.


Supplies:
Thread: Olive green
Green flat backed gems
8 green glass beads
Gold paper
Card stock: 160gsm in green and scarp of 200gsm in oatmeal.
Pattern: 101 Ideas for Embroidery on Paper by Erica Fortgens

No comments:

Post a Comment