Posts

Thursday 4 December 2014

A Bunch of flowers

It was my birthday recently and I received some stunning flowers. An exquisite white orchid from some friends living overseas and several bunches of roses and lisianthks. I love having flowers around the home so was in my element.

Here is a bunch of flowers of a different kind.


I used the smallest circle die and then pricked the flowers ( omitting the centre holes ) once I had cut them out. It was a bit tricky stitching something so small but I felt that this was the most accurate way of getting the flower in the centre of the circle. I used foam dots to pop them up on the base. Added a black flat backed gem to the centre of each one, hand drew the stems in black and the frame in purple and then stuck on a satin ribbon bow.

Here was my inspiration.
Supplies:
Pattern:Stitching Cards Free Bookmark Flower
Thread: scarps in purple, mauve, cerise, peach, aqua and blue
Flat backed gems in black
Black fine liner
Purple gel pen
Mauve and white satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment