Posts

Monday 23 February 2015

Butterflies and ribbons.

I am taking part in a new challenge this week. It's over at Butterfly Challenge and the challenge is to use ribbon with your butterfly. Well you know how I love to stitch butterflies so when I discovered this challenge I knew that I had to join. This is my first attempt.

Here is my entry


I CASed this design but for the life of me can't remember who from. So thanks for the inspiration secret cardie and please let me know if you recognize this as similar to one of yours.

I reduced my stitching pattern to 70%. Used a scrap of blue paper and green ribbon. Then used my special ruler to tear the kraft card, pink gingham paper and script paper. To complete I added flat backed gems.
I prefer to stitch in charcoal than black thread as in my opinion it looks less stark.

Supplies: 
Pattern: Stitching Cards Free butterfly
Cuttlebug
Sizzix 8 circles die
Ribbon
Paper: blue, free script from Ideas craft magazine
           Pink Gingham free from Phillipmartin
Card stock: kraft and pink
Thread: Charcoal
Beads: clear round
Ruler: Jef Paper tear Edger
Blue flat backed gems

2 comments:

  1. I love the stitched butterfly, it has a really delicate lacy look. I think you were right to use charcoal, it could have looked a bit harsh in black.
    Jane - Butterfly Challenge Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Glenda and welcome to my Butterfly challenge with I also believe the first stitched butterfly and what a beauty it is too. Like Jane has said looks perfect in the charcoal. Black would be quite heavy against the kraft card. Thsnkyou for fluttering by and hope you will visit gin now you have found me. hugs Mrs A. .

    ReplyDelete