Posts

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Hexagons and butterflies

There is a new challenge over at Butterfly Challenge and here is my entry.
The requirements are butterflies, of course, and hexagons.


For this card I reduced the stitching pattern to 50% and stitched it in white. I stitched straight onto the cerise paper and then adhered that to the card stock upper. As the holes for the stitching were now very close together I had to reinforce the back with some sticky tape, which I stitched through.
The embossed lines where drawn using my Crafter's Companion. I did the silver outline around each hexagon by hand, they are not prefectly straight but that was the look I was going for. To finish I added three pink flat backed gems.

Edited to say that I am very excited. This card has won me my first ever badge (see left hand margin). Thanks Mrs A

Supplies:
Complete Crafter's Companion
Thread: DMC in white
Clear glass beads
Flat backed gems in pink
Silver gel pen
Card Stock: white in 200gsm
Paper: Cerise scraps
Sizzix 8 piece hexagon die

1 comment:

  1. Your stitched Butterflies are gorgeous . I thought you had used an embossing folder for your hexagon shaped background. I like your thinking outside of the box to come up with a design. . Colour is a lovely shade too. Thank you for fluttering by my #25. hugs Mrs A. .

    ReplyDelete