Posts

Wednesday 13 May 2015

The Colours of May

Last night I was stitching in front of the TV and half listening to the movie that was showing at the time. It was "Eat, Pray, Love" based on the book by Elizabeth Gilbert . 
I have watched it before so wasn't paying much attention but one scene did stand out for me. It's when an Italian man tries to explain the art of doing nothing "Dolce something or another"!!! He said that Americans are particularly bad about being able to do nothing and I think that South Africans suffer from the same complaint.
I do have one past time which I treasure and try to indulge in as often as possible and that is to spend time at our local Botanical Gardens. If I have a quiet Friday afternoon after work, with not too many errands to run, I'll take my book, buy a cup of coffee from the little charity kiosk in the gardens and spend some time reading or people watching. A thoroughly enjoyable way to spend an hour or so 'doing nothing'.

Today's card is for the Splitcoast Stampers Free 4 All. The theme for this week is "The colours of May" 
Evidently an emerald is the birthstone for May and a sapphire is the mystical stone so those two colours must be in your card.

Here is mine.


My inspiration is from one over at Limedoodle Design.

Source: Debbie Hughes

Supplies:
           Sentiment Stitching Card Words Birthday Wishes Capitals
Card stock: white and sapphire 160gsm
Thread: White: DMC blanc
             Green: Make and colour code unknown


1 comment:

  1. Just saw your lovely card on Splitcoast & thought I'd pop in to say how pretty it is. I love the movement on your floral stem and the stitching shows off perfectly on the coloured card base. Well done!

    ReplyDelete