Posts

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Honour thy Father

Sadly my Dad is no longer with us but if he was this would be the card I made for him.


The challenge at Splitcoast Stampers Free 4 All has asked us to make a Father's Day card which shows an interest of our father's. Mine loved sport, mainly rugby, badminton and tennis. He never played rugby past school going age but did very well in both the other sports well into his later life.
I suppose if I was honest a card with a tennis racquet would have been better for him but as I don't have a pattern for that, this is my choice. I loved to watch our local team the "Sharks" play, cheering them on along with my Dad. Good memories.

The pattern also has a soccer version so I stitched that one too. Love how the ball has turned out. 


Supplies:
Pattern: Stitching Cards Football
Card stock: white in 160gsm. Oatmeal repurposed calendar (the colour was too good to throw away)
                  Scrap of bronze
Thread: Make and numbers unknown
Paper: Scrap of silver embossed paper, red.


No comments:

Post a Comment