Posts

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Peace Dove

While I was on holiday one of the things I needed to do was to start my Christmas cards and I'm happy to say that I did.
Last year I joined a challenge at Split Coast Stampers Christmas Cards Challenge whereby you pledge to make a card (or 2 or 3, you decided) each month so that when Christmas rolls around you are all organized. Well last year I was very good and kept to the challenge. This year has been a totally different story, to date I have posted...... not one! So I decided to rectify that and here is my first card for the year.
I will be entering it in the October challenge, I know that I'm getting a bit ahead of myself but the challenge is Birds!


I was very excited when I realized that it fitted the challenge at  Addicted toCAS perfectly too.

 I took my inspiration from these two great cards

The Layout
Source: Unknown
 and the colours
Source: Pam
now I just need to keep the momentum going!!!

I will also be entering this is Simon says stamp Wednesday Challenge where the cue is anything goes.


Supplies:
Pattern:Stitching Cards. Dove of Peace
Card Stock: 160gsm in white
Chevron paper: Free Down load from Crafty Ferret
Gold Paper for backing
Thread: DMC Antique Gold
Metal dots in gold
    

4 comments:

  1. Lovely seasonal card & love how you were inspired by both the challenge & other cards. Thank you for stopping by my blog & commenting :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, such a stunning dove, Glenda!!! Love your card!!!
    Stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card Glenda and so intricate and elegant.
    Love your take with the chevrons and thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Glenda! It's so elegant and I love your stitching.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete