Posts

Monday 14 September 2015

Butterflies on a thread

Well I did my last early morning hockey duty
on Saturday, yeah. No more leaving the house while it's still dark on a weekend morning until next year, at least.

The fortnightly challenge at Butterfly Challenge is Butterfly and 'Y' for yarn. You may use yarn or some form of embroidery thread. Just up my ally!!!
and as fortune would have it the challenge at Clean and Simple on Sunday is "Stitching"!

So here is my card


I embossed a piece of paper with a brick pattern and adhered it to my card stock before adding my butterfly topper. Flat backed gems complete the layout.

Some small cards using half the original pattern.


Supplies:
Pattern: Pintrest
Thread: Large card: Apricot DMC 340
                                Pink DMC 730
                                Blue DMC 3766
                                Green DMC 368
             All other colours; Brands and codes unknown
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug brick embossing folder
Flat backed gems in pink, blue and yellow
Card Stock: 160gsm in white
Paper: Black 80gsm
           Yellow squiggle: paper Pizzazz Soft tints
            Purple: Activity Village

4 comments:

  1. What a really pretty card and the little ones are lovely too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was hoping you would come and play Glenda! I love your pattern which has a bookmark appeal to me. Love those zangy colours and the embroiderd butterfly pattern is fab. Thankyou for fluttering by my #38. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous embroidery! the design is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete