Posts

Saturday 23 January 2016

Clear

I got an unexpected parcel in the post yesterday. It was my Christmas present from my sister who lives in New Zealand. Even though it had taken nearly two months to get to me, when it should have taken 10 days, it was rather nice getting the surprise and the gift itself was worth waiting for.

 CASology have a fun challenge this week. It's
 
 
I used clear plastic to make my butterfly 'float' in the centre of the circle.
 
 
 I added a second piece of pink and white card stock to the back of the card topper so that it was neat inside.
 
I tried a variation of this idea here but that time I used very thin fishing line to allow the butterfly to swivel. It was rather tricky to make so hence doing this instead.
 
 
Supplies:
Pattern; Stitching cards Free-butterfly reduced to 70% of original pattern
Thread: Code and brand unknown
Pink glass beads
Card Stock: 160gsm in white
                    200gsm in salmon pink
Clear flat backed gems
Cuttlebug
Sixxizz circle dies
Clear Plastic: A piece of the dome which cover a sushi take away platter.


3 comments:

  1. Your string & bead butterfly is so cool! Love that is is floating on a clear panel - thanks so much for playing along with the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful CAS card, Glenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, as always, Glenda. I love how you have incorporated your acetate to get that floating sensation, and I love even more that you recycled a takeaway sushi lid to do it!! Love a bit of upcycling! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete