Posts

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Snow

So I meet my new class today. Wish me luck!

Split coast stampers Free 4 all 307 have a new brief for this week and it's snow. It seems odd to be thinking about snow in the middle of a heat wave but here goes.....

 
This little card is only 7.5cm x 6cm. It is by far one of my all time favourite Christmas cards.
The idea came from one made by Sharri Carroll.
To start I cut a tree shape out of scrap cardstock and then added a kraft trunk. Next I scratched through my button stash for small white and clear buttons which I then adhered to the tree shape with craft glue. I added clear flat backed gems to fill up the gaps and placed some pearls in the centre of buttons to add some detail. The  merry Christmas background paper was made on the computer and my "Snow" was cut from a scrap of home made (not by me) paper. To complete I added a bakers twine bow. It was a lot of fun to make and if I had more suitable buttons I would have made more than just two.
 
I will also be entering this over at Clean and simple on Sunday were the cue card is Winter
 
 
Supplies:
Buttons: clear and white small
A variety of different sizes of flat backed gems in clear
Flat backed pearls
card stock: 160gsm in white
                   Scrap of kraft
Paper: cream hand made paper
           80gsm in white
Baker's twine
craft glue


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment