Posts

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Elephant

Lisa Somerville is this weeks Split coast stampers Featured Stamper 489
While looking at her gallery I noticed that she had a couple of cards with elephants on them so I decided to use that as my inspiration.
A couple of years ago I made this card for my husband's birthday
 
 
His company sponsored a helicopter which was to be used as part of a darting and tagging conservation exercise with some elephants. He got to watch the entire thing and even touch this beautiful mammoth while she was unconscious. All of this happened on his birthday, hence the subject matter for the card. What an experience! Needless to say the gift that I gave him that year sort of paled in comparison!
 
 
Supplies:
Pattern: Elephant: Prick 'n stitch.Big Five
             Sentiment: Stitching cards Free-words-for-card-stitching
Card stock: 160gsm in white
button from my stash
Ink: Color box in chestnut
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, that elephant looks simply amazing, Glenda!!! Love the dotty bg you have used, too!!! Must have been a wonderful experience for your husband and he must have loved getting this special card!!!!

    ReplyDelete